Monday, September 15, 2008

My Sympathies

Dearest Midnight Man,

I am writing to you to clarify what seemed to be myself accosting you in the street last Saturday. It is outside my behaviour to yell at strange men in the midnight hour, so I feel this letter may help clear up my family name.

In the late hours of Saturday, September the 13th, I was walking home with a dear friend from a pleasant house warming gathering down upon Clarence Dr. Off in the distance I saw you sauntering towards us. I was, in fact, quite disturbed by your gait and appearance and quickly told my friend that we should cross the street to continue about the other side. You appeared to be a man of no good fortune or breeding.

As we continued our way, my friend noticed and commented that you were walking a dog. I looked toward you and sure enough you were carrying about with your black Labrador retriever. Suddenly, as if separated from my earthly body I heard myself yelling at you, "Sir, can I pet your dog?" You looked and quickened your pace. Instead of leaving you to your business, and still not sure of your character or references, I hurried across, what could have been a busy street, yelling, "Can I pet your dog?"

My determined step caught up to you. "Sorry, but I miss my dog, she is a Labrador as well, can I pet your dog?" Gratefully you obliged.

I must say, clearly as I can, that what I did that night of September 13th the year of our Lord 2008, was very much out line with my character. It seems as though the distance and time apart from my family, and family pets, has affected me quite more than I had imagined. I have called the local physician to sit with me awhile and monitor my temperature, blood letting may be a possibility.

With greatest regret and sympathies to you and your dog Max,

Jacqueline Leigh Serr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was very much out line with my character

Says who?

:)

Jordan said...

I will enjoy reading the works of Jacquie Serr. Maybe one day a book can be published, a book full of Jacquie's adventures, struggles, and victories.... and humor. One can only hope. Until then, I shall bookmark your blogspot immediately.

Unknown said...

From the train down to London, GR8 views and a lovely trip. Due to arrive at 5:30. Wonderful seeing you and I do like your stories.
Dad and Pamie Babie